Ashley again:
Yesterday was a difficult day. First, we will apparently be without internet in the house for a while, because the cable is broken. That's ok, though...because our TV won't turn on. Also, Jonathan's I-phone has been sent back to Apple for repairs. We have a ton of paperwork to do, too, and then J was on a bus that broke down as he headed to the office. The list went on and on. However, just when we were ready to collapse under frustrations, God reminded us of how lucky we are. If you live in the Lausanne area, you'll be familiar with the series of fires that started in the attics of apartment buildings yesterday. (I just read that there was a 3rd fire in the series, which makes the rather hysterical suggestion from yesterday that there might be a pyromaniac a little less far-fetched). Well. We have a friend whose apartment was affected by the series of fires. Suddenly, instead of whining about the inconveniences of the day, we were just glad that we could offer our friend a couch and a shower for the night. We have had our first house-guest, and I feel so blessed that we could offer him a place to stay. The next few days will be difficult for both him and the other people who have been rendered homeless by these fires. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as I intend to do for the next few days.
the Louvre
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment